Sunday, July 9, 2017

Independence

Early July marks celebrations of the founding of two North American nations, Canada and the United States. In the U.S. we call July 4th "Independence Day." This year, I experimented with independence from the news cycle for twenty-four hours.

Read the explanation here.

In reflection a few days later, I can safely say that day without news was refreshing. I came back to the big picture with a sense of perspective.

And, I spent some of those hours writing. I recommend an unplugged day now and then to all creative workers.




Elizabeth Fountain is the author of An Alien's Guide to World Domination and You, Jane; she blogs here, where you can follow her blog serial (aka soap opera) focused on a cast of characters finding mid-life love and purpose in a small town near you.

0 comments: