Tuesday, April 4, 2017

The Value of a good Romance Novel!


Good Morning!

I’m swamped with edits right now (Winning Casey/a romance novel of course, for Totally Bound Publishing!) so I hope you’ll excuse my running “the best of” past blogs. I promise to be back next month with hopefully some fresh insights! Wishing you all a good day! Hugs, January

Why Read and Write Romance Novels?

By January Bain

Why write and devour romance novels? Simple, it always ends happily. Apparently I’m not alone according to a recent survey of more than a thousand readers. The poll was an eye-opener for me. I discovered that 81% of the readers polled choose romance as their favorite genre. Wow! That blew me away. A further 80% bought from Amazon. And nearly 58% had not been in a bricks and mortar store in the last year. Contemporary Romance came in first place of the genres, followed closely by Historical Romance. Facebook and an author’s website were their main way to discover new authors which I found interesting and helpful. If you want to know more about this here’s the link:






I read Romances because I’m a sucker for a happy ending as it makes everything right with my world. And it turns out I’m certainly not alone. All the trial and tribulations along the way for the heroine just add to the suspense of how will the author make it all work out? I’m fascinated by how many twists and turns one novel can contain. I don’t ever want it to be predictable, though I like a sense of the characters being familiar. And even though I know it’s going to work out in the end, still, I want to be caught up in the story so much that I’m uncertain on how it possibly could work out because the magic of storytelling is a definite obsession for writer.





Why do you read or write romances?  I’d love to know!

January Bain 

STORYTELLER

Coming soon: Winning Casey, Book One, Brass Ringer Sorority Series



Part madcap caper, part serious treasure hunting, the Brass Ringers never fail to entertain or get their way!


0 comments: