Sunday, February 12, 2017

Blank Mind; Blank Page

Ever have a day at the keyboard where you mind flitted in so many directions, you wound up with nothing to say? That's how I feel today. With four works in progress and one book to edit, I find I am unable to offer sage advice, witty sarcasm,or uplifting passages. I sit here in a coma thinking that if I don't work on one of the four stories or the edits, I am a failure today.

I thought about my next blog for The Vineyard, as I do every month, for days, but nothing came to mind. I read other authors' blogs and find them entertaining, sometimes educational and humorous, often uplifting, and today, when it is my turn, I can offer nothing.

I am dulled by the political vitriol that is spewed on the social media sites, so I view those sites infrequently - mostly to post an occasional greeting, or pop up with an "atta boy/girl" when a real friend achieves something.

Television is the same way. In the evenings I watch Netflix shows and movies. Even the TCM channel from time to time.

So, take a break today. I am going to see if I can convince spouse that we should take a walk on the beach. The weather is amazing. Have a great day.

Back to the drawing board on Monday and I'll try to do better next month.

Veronica Helen Hart is the author of seven published novels, as well as short stories and articles, (countless unpublished/unfinished ones, too). She is a  Regional Director with the Florida Writers Association and member of several other state and national writing organizations. She also works as editor with two separate local publishing companies. Sometimes her brain needs a rest.

0 comments: