Saturday, November 12, 2016

When Research Frightens You



Like many authors, with certain books I spend numerous hours in the thralls of research. My son and I are writing a thriller and I have been researching the Tate Murders committed by members of the 'Manson Family'. This is difficult, agonizing and heartbreaking research that I have to take breaks from. I was alarmed to find out that there is a woman that maintains a facebook® page for Charles Manson.

As an author, this project made me reflect on some of the other research I have done. It's been everything from the procedure of an autopsy, firearms, prescription drug smuggling, Ouija boards and haunted buildings. And I guess everything in between. There have been times when I quickly click off a page and have to walk away from the project. Researching Voodoo practices was one of those times. I still haven't finished that project. I'm thrilled my newest release is a cozy mystery it was a fun distraction from some of my darker writing!

Authors, I would love to hear something interesting you have had to research. Please sound off.

Victoria Roder is the author of cozy, comedy mystery D.I.C.KS Case One: HolyMurder A New Smyrna Beach Mystery. Victoria writes something for everyone, choose from action thriller Bolt Action or a ghost story Haunting of Ingersull Penitentairy. For children or grandchildren, picture books An Important Job to Do: A Noah's Ark Tale and What if aZebra Had Triangles? Chapter books, Sled Dogs and The Curse of King Ramesses II. Victoria also creates puzzle books for children, teens and adults. Please feel free to visit Victoria and send a message at www.victoriaroder.com

0 comments: