Sunday, November 27, 2016

Giving thanks for art

Due to the long holiday weekend, I'm cross-posting some thoughts inspired by my writing and living this past week, written for my own blog. You can read the full piece here: "Giving Thanks for Art."

Four days left in November, and writing (crafting, really) continues, mixed with some visual arts for a fundraiser for one of our local galleries.
....
As we rise to the occasions we are called to - protecting the vulnerable, protecting the Earth, spreading understanding, compassion, and love - our artistic imaginations will provide us with all the tools we need. We can show how those whom others seek to dehumanize are truly and fully human, worthy of respect.
....
I hope all of you who celebrated Thanksgiving found much to be grateful for - I know I did.
hand-decorated christmas stocking with wave pattern
One of the stockings I decorated for our gallery's fundraiser.

0 comments: