Thursday, August 18, 2016

Yield Not to Temptation!


I’ve been busy with a trilogy recently. Just finished the first draft of book three and hopefully the last round of edits on book two. (Although I’m not sure about that editing.) Anyway, the time has come to get back on track and work on my Housetrap Chronicles series of fantasy detective novellas.

I have seven of these published, the first six gathered in two print volumes. So the next item of business on my to-do list is to write two more, bringing the total to nine. That way a third print volume would be possible.

I’m about 1/3 of the way through number eight but bogging down. Been away from it too long I guess. I need to give myself a boot in the backside to either finish it as I originally imagined the tale, or gallop off in a different direction if that’s what it needs. I already have notes on a completely mad tale for number nine. Be a good boy Ron and finish eight first. Don’t get lured away.

The problem now is, I’ve come up with a completely different stand-alone idea that has been silently screaming to get written. I made the mistake of jotting down a few notes. Then I compounded this by idly outlining a first chapter. In a further moment of weakness (I blame a recent illness I haven’t fully recovered from.) I went ahead and started writing out that first chapter, just to see what it would look like.

Oh good grief. I really should get back to finishing number eight, working title “Murder on the Disoriented Express” and forget about these distractions. Or should I just outline chapter two to see how the noisy beast might continue?

Bad writer! Stop that Ron! Get back on track!

R.J.Hore
www.ronaldhore.com
www.facebook.com/RonaldJHore

The Dark Lady, Dark Days, Dark Knights (a trilogy)
The Queen’s Pawn, The Queen’s Man, The Queen’s Game (a trilogy)
The Housetrap Chronicles (Volumes 1 to 7)
Alex in Wanderland,
Knight’s Bridge
We’re Not in Kansas

0 comments: