Saturday, April 2, 2016

My thoughts on the Movie, Sisters

More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good.


Witty banter, memories and stupid fun, defiantly sounds like situations between sisters. In the movie, Sisters Tina Fey (Kate-party sister) and Amy Pohler (Maura-awkward humanitarian sister) are informed their parents are selling their childhood home and are instructed to come home and clean out their bedroom. Haven't we all had to dig through a collection of things, years later, that brings back a flood of memories, but you question yourself, why did I keep all this crap?

In Sisters, the siblings decide to through one last house party but have to convince their friends, now responsible parents, to party like they did in high school. The girls switch roles, Kate will be the party mom and take care of everything and Maura will finally have the chance to party in her childhood home. Chaos and misunderstandings ensue. But as a comedy, things work out in the end.

What I loved about the movie Sisters, was the girls sharing their different experiences in high school. I love the differences and similarities between the sisters. I would guess most of us have a little bit of Kate and Maura in us. But it is fun to talk about this movie with your sisters and decide what character you are most like. I must admit, I'd like to see a sister movie with additional sisters, the scenarios are endless, the tattletale sister, the uncooperative sister, the kiss-ass... The main point to a sister movie, even with extra siblings, is to feature a few of those sisters that cling together and have each other's back through good and bad. 

I'm author Victoria Roder and I write something for everyone. Check out my own stories involving sisters in Bolt Action and The Dream House Visions and Nightmares.




3 comments:

tealady said...

I agree the movie was cute but could also see with more than 2 sisters. You will have to think about it.

Victoria Roder said...

More sisters complicates the plot...

Victoria Roder said...

More sisters complicates the plot...