Saturday, December 12, 2015

Glimpse Back To The Year The Original Star Wars Launched


I saw a post on Facebook® asking people how old they were in 1977 when the original Star Wars movie was unveiled. I thought it might be fun to take a peek back in time to 1977. Check out a few facts.

Baseball World Series Champions:
New York Yankees

Super Bowl XI Champions:
Oakland Raiders

Popular Phrases:
From Saturday Night Live, “We're two wild and crazy guys.”
From Star Wars, “May the force be with you.”

Products:
Slim-Fast and EPT Over-the-counter Pregnancy Tests became available.

Toys:
Atari 2600, Chai Pets, Slime and Skateboards

Average cost of a movie ticket:
In 1977 $2.23 and in 2015, $8.12

Are you old enough to remember 1977 or the Star Wars premier? Sound off, if you don't want to share how old you were, how about something you remember from 1977 or Star Wars. My favorite character was Chewy!

I'm author Victoria Roder and I write something for everyone. If you like murder mystery check out Bolt Action. Ghost Stories? You'll love Haunting of Ingersull Penitentiary and The Dream House Visions & Nightmares. Have children or grandchildren? My picture books include, What If A Zebra Had Triangles and An Important Job to Do: A Noah's Are Tale. Are the kids reading chapter books? Sled Dog Tales and The Curse of King Ramesses II are adventure filled and fun. I also created a puzzle book for teens and adults. Please check out my website Thanks, Victoria Roder


0 comments: