Saturday, May 2, 2015

Calling Authors! Can You Relate?

So, it’s my birthday todayJ

Turning the big 50!

Woo hoo!

I’m going over the hill, but I don’t feel like it, mentally or physically. I’m blessed. Truly. I know people say that all the time, but I really feel like God has blessed me with good health and good friends and family and a truly fabulous life, even if I’m not richJ I have a great publisher who has worked with me this year while my daughter has cancer, and I’m getting back on the riding horse this summer and hopefully will get a long series published and go with the flow very well now that school is almost out.

I can’t imagine how some people deal with being unhealthy. I have watched my daughter and others struggle, and I know how hard I work and how many hours I put in, and if I couldn’t do that, and all I could do was sit at home and be unproductive, I’d go mad, which makes me wonder how women survived before women’s lib! LOL

I get out there and boss people around in all sorts of leadership positions: at high school and university level when I teach, plus as a coach, and as a fellow student as I go to pharmacy school with my daughter at night at the same college where I teach night classes, so I can’t imagine being held to a lower level back in the historical time period, so I applaud anyone who attempts to write strong women during the historical romance time line.

Heroines have all sorts of issues to deal with, and real people do, too.

I hope you all don’t have too much on your plates, and if you do, dump part of it, learn how to say no, live life to the fullest, and turn 50 with grace and a big bang…like me!


rebeccadraco.com

2 comments:

Julie Eberhart Painter said...

Congratulations. It's one of many passages. As to age, we are where we are when we are there. Women have always had backbone. I'm surprised it took our "daughters" so long to discover that.

January Bain said...

Happy Birthday! Hugs, January