Since it’s the beginning of a New Year and my first post for Writers Vineyard in 2015, I thought I’d list some of the best things about being a writer. This was an enjoyable list to create and I hope you get a smile out of it too! J
(10) Working in your pajamas with coffee smilingly delivered by your significant other. J
(9) A very, very short commute.
(8) It’s legal to ask so many questions of fellow human beings all in the interests of research, of course!
(7) Getting those annoying characters out of my head that insists on being there 24/7.
(6) Time spent in another world where you have some semblance of control.
(5) The virtual company of other writers. This one is HUGE for me.
(4) Fan mail: It’s lovely to hear when the words you have slaved over and bleed for have touched another human being.
(3) Research: we live in great times to be a writer. An infinite library at our virtual finger tips, what more could one ask for except maybe unlimited time on this Earth to read and write.
(2) The lovely, lovely writing. From the initial gem of an idea to the final editing, all of it is wonderful because it proves that you are alive and part of the larger universe, and that you care about having something worthwhile to share with others.
(1) And did I mention working in my pajamas!
Fellow authors, please share your favorite things about being a writer.