Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Questions to Ponder on Reading/Writing




Good Morning All! I'm going to try something new today. Humor me if you have the time. Thanks for reading this blog post.

 

I’m dedicating this blog to asking some questions of writers and reader alike in acquiring a little research and knowledge. If you comment on just one of the five questions below you are entered to win an e-book from yours truly, with your choice of book from the Forever Series (Forever Man, Forever Woman, Forever Clan, Forever Angel.)  This experience should be partially a trip down memory lane for many of you. I hope you enjoy it! J

 

(1) Tell us about a favorite character from a book you’ve written or read, and what made the person stand out and be special in your mind.

 

(2) What makes you happy? Reading or writing?

 

(3) What was your earliest reading or writing experience?

 

(4) What writer(s) have influenced you?

 

(5) What tips do you have for inspiring writers?

 

Thanks for your time and have a great day!


Best,

January Bain

Champagne Books
The Forever Series

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

Julie Eberhart Painter said...

My own favorite character varies from project to project. Looking back I have memorable, silly, adorable and compassionate, each is different, some are animals.

In the order of their appearances above: Skillet, my only black character, and named after a saint; Bildgewater, my Indian Hill Mynah bird from Kill Fee; Sherman, the damnYankee dog from Mortal Coil, and Ellen, his mistress who oversees her charges and bring crime to an end in that book.

Julie Eberhart Painter said...

My own favorite character varies from project to project. Looking back I have memorable, silly, adorable and compassionate, each is different, some are animals.

In the order of their appearances above: Skillet, my only black character, and named after a saint; Bildgewater, my Indian Hill Mynah bird from Kill Fee; Sherman, the damnYankee dog from Mortal Coil, and Ellen, his mistress who oversees her charges and bring crime to an end in that book.

January Bain said...

Thanks Julie, that's so cool! You add such a refreshing touch with your animal characters. I loved Hill Mynah from Kill Fee!!!
Thanks for replying.
J.