Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Confessions of a First Rate Procrastinator

Okay, I admit that there are times when I am a champion staller. I can put off just about anything I put my mind to in an impressive an imaginary style. How do I manage to make my procrastination appear meaningful and necessary to the creation of my many literary masterpieces? All I can say is it’s a gift. 



Actually, I don’t stall all that much, it’s just that when I do, I do it in a grand style that can last for weeks. When I’m in the midst of a writing frenzy, I work for hours and days on end without stop and am able to get pages and pages of work done.




The problem is that at the end of my writing binges, I collapse, metaphorically speaking, unable to compose much more than my name. This inability to write anything even vaguely worthwhile can inflict me for days, even weeks, until once again I find myself on the cusp of another writing binge.
It’s a vicious cycle that despite all of my efforts, I cannot seem to break. I offer no solution, however, at least while I'm hot, I get a lot done and, when I figure out how to harness my writing frenzy energy, I'll bottle it and make a mint.

At least that's my dream and as I've said before, a girl can dream.






 












Read more of these at http://www.gabriellaausten.com/


1 comments:

Julie Eberhart Painter said...

With maturity comes better pacing. Enjoy your flights into fantasy.