Friday, December 20, 2013

Writing Realities


Today I will be short and sweet, since the hot topic is one that will be visited weekly on Twitter via the hashtag #writingrealities.

Some authors have succeeded wonderfully upon publication, others haven't. The variables differ. Some authors had a great book and a solid promotional plan and they did well. Other authors had a great book and no promotional plan but still they managed to get noticed. (It is true that word of mouth is the key factor in successful book sales.) But then there are authors who have a great book and a great promotional plan, but nothing seems to work.

I'm in that last category. Now, I won't boast about the "great book" part (though the reviews have all been favorable), but over half a year of promotion and hard work, of constantly trying different things, learning and connecting with similar authors, hosting guests, doing giveaways and book blog tours, appearances at conventions and author signing events and weekly blogging, have seen my wheels spin in circles.

However, I am eager to learn and to figure this thing out, and the best way to do that is to team up. I'm not alone (I hope), and for those of us who likewise haven't had things work out, despite doing all the things we planned (and more), it's time to start networking and trying things that will succeed.

This is the teamwork part, and I am a firm believer in that.

Today, in 30 minutes (1pm EST) we are starting our group endeavor, and any author looking to succeed with promotion can join. Simply tweet with #writingrealities in the body of the tweet, and click on that hashtag (it will be underlined on your Twitter feed). Don't have Twitter, but still want to join? Feel free to leave your comments below and either myself or someone else here will happily give you pointers on how to join and get your bearings. (Unlike Facebook, Twitter is easy to join and use however you like, so I'd recommend getting it and promise no hassle other than the initial set-up.)

Here's to continued success through learning and sharing!

2 comments:

Julie Eberhart Painter said...

Great idea. I was on with Graeme.

He likes my website:
www.books-jepainter.com

Liz Fountain said...

So sorry to have missed it, I was moving and temporarily without internet. Will you do it again soon?

Liz