Saturday, April 6, 2013

Extreme Police Tactics


The following are a few actual new's headlines
Actual Headline…Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant

I guess that is one way to cut down on costs to the taxpayers. It seems a little extreme, so I hope they have reliable witnesses or DNA to back up the charges.

Actual Headline…Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers

I never really took the jaywalking offense seriously until I saw that headline. Before you know it, the headlines will read, Police Hang Violators for Not Wearing Seatbelts.

In my Action Thriller, Bolt Action, Detective Leslie Bolt can get a little irate, aggressive and belligerent with criminals. She uses sarcasm because it is illegal to beat the crap out of stupid people in the United Sates. She is a smart talking, gun hording, Harley riding investigator forced to work a serial murder case with her sexy ex-lover. After a childhood of abuse suffered at the hand of her father, Leslie sleeps with a Ruger Blackhawk .357 under her pillow, has a Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker rifle in her broom closet, and a Saturday Night Special stashed in her road-hog cookie jar. The body count mounts and Detective Bolt must conquer her own past, as she races to capture “The State Quarter Killer” before her sister is the next victim.

I'm author Victoria Roder, your ticket to adventure: Mystery + Age-Old Revenge = Murder. If you have a chance please stop at my website or my sarcastic blogspot.





4 comments:

Big Mike said...

They don't have the great editors/proofers we do at CBG, do they.

Michael Davis (Davisstories.com)
Author of the Year (2008 and 2009)
Award of Excellence (2012)

Julie Eberhart Painter said...

I love those errors. Simple capitalizations and punctuation would make all the difference.

Victoria Roder said...

I love some the ones people place on facebook, way too funny!

Liz Fountain said...

Those are great fun - I often shake my head and wonder, "did anyone read this out loud?" as I scan the newspaper headlines.

Liz