Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Special Tribute To Fellow Writers!


Today I am feeling quite humbled by the outpouring of support I received the last few days since I admitted I was so down about the horrific tragedy in Sandy Hook. You really have no idea of the amazing value of friends in the writing community until they reach out to give you a hand up. I feel blessed and so much stronger for the kind and encouraging words of my fellow writers at Champagne Books. That these fine writers took the time out of their hectic schedules to reassure me—well, all I can say is thanks guys! You did more good than you know and I will pass on this legacy to others in need.

Indeed, I now feel so buoyed up I’m joining in with fellow sci-fi authors to write a story for our upcoming Anthology. The last one just released, “Shared Whispers”, was such a wonderful experience thanks to Mike and Helen that I just knew I had to consider joining in once I came out of my funk! The idea for my story came to me that very day during my lunch hour time with my Storytellers Club at our school. All I can say right now is it will be about angels and the power of love wrapped around a time travel theme. I love time travel stories by the way, having spent months writing, The Time Key, a sci-fi story about wormholes and our spectacular galaxy and a love so leviathan that a husband will travel back in time to try to save his wife.
My latest book, the third installment in the Forever Series, Forever Clan, is now available from Champagne Books. www.ChampagneBooks.com

Sunday Rose's soul mate is a vampire. If that isn't difficult enough to deal with, she's pregnant with a child that prophecy states can either help or destroy the vampire race. And there are those that fear either outcome. If she is to protect her child from those who would exploit the prophecy, she must awaken unknown abilities and call upon her guardian angels to buy the time necessary to get her family to safe harbor.

I can only hope (my favorite word by the way!) the characters in Forever Clan touch your heart just a little...

Best,
January Bain
Ashern, Manitoba, Canada
January 13, 2013

3 comments:

Big Mike said...

You are spot on, JB. They are, as a general rule, a terrific group of people. I felt the same out pouring when I was dealing with cancer.

Michael Davis (Davisstories.com)
Author of the Year (2008 and 2009)
Award of Excellence (2012)

Julie Eberhart Painter said...

January, your reaction to the Sandy Hook tragedy came from a place of knowlege and experience and must have been much harder for you than some.

It will remain the worst tragedy for the families whose children were lost or threatened. There are no answers. The angels are everywhere, including Champagne's growing family.

January Bain said...

Thanks Big Mike and Julie for your support. And yes, Julie, the angels are everywhere. Best, January