Saturday, June 2, 2012

Green Bean and Beet Diet, Oh yeah it exists…

It’s been five months since my New Year’s resolution to lose weight. I am one month away from my vacation and have (oops) gained an additional five pounds. I believe that in a month, I could safely loose ten pounds. So what should I do? I will share some of the “miracle diets” I have been on in the past and then you can give me advice on what you have tried or have heard others try.


Over the years, I’ve tried the fasting liquid drinks and decided they aren’t bad if you like the taste of dirt. I’ve tried the “Cabbage Soup Diet”. Can you say gastrointestinal complications? Although, I’m not sure of the official name, let’s not forget the “Green bean and beet diet”. Even I lost weight on that, because the diet considers a meal, five crackers, 1\4 cup of tuna, and green beans or beets. That’s a meal? I’d say it’s more of a gross snack.

Okay, I have one month, so please share some of the weight loss tips you have heard or have tried. And then, please take the time to visit http://www.victoriaroder.com/ and learn about Detective Leslie Bolt from my action thriller Bolt Action. She is a smart talking, gun hording, Harley riding investigator forced to work a serial murder case with her sexy ex-lover. After a childhood of abuse suffered at the hand of her father, Leslie sleeps with a Ruger Blackhawk .357 under her pillow, has a Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker rifle in her broom closet, and a Saturday Night Special stashed in her road-hog cookie jar. The body count mounts, and Detective Bolt must conquer her own past, as she races to capture “The State Quarter Killer” before her sister is the next victim.

4 comments:

January Bain said...

I hear you girlfriend! What always works for me is a no sugar, no white flour, low-carb diet. I've developed this to a fine art and the food tastes great! Years of practice. No, it's not all about meat, in fact I eat a lot of peanut butter, almond butter, high fiber bread and cereal, cheese, eggs, and salad, vegetabls and fruit. And i've stayed thin for years without being hungry or feel deprived, not bad, eh!

Julie Eberhart Painter said...

First of all never go through menopause.

Grapefruit and hard boiled eggs aren't bad. After that, no fats, carbs or sugars, and that means booze, too. In case you've seen my picture, think double exposure. Darn camera.

Charla Butcher said...

Someone told me to try White Kidney Bean Extract. I have not been brave enough to try. I have given up pop,breads,red meats and I still have not lost a pound. Any suggestions?

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Poor you, I completely understand how you're feeling. I was going to lose a stone by Easter! I've lost four pounds, but that's it.

I remember that cabbage diet. I've never had such a sore stomach before or since and won't be doing that again in a hurry.