Saturday, May 5, 2012

Your Vet Does Not Want You to Know...

Have you heard the information, that there are several topics your veterinarian does not want you to know about pets? One of those topics is that indoor cats do not have to be immunized. Well then, I've wasted a lot of money over the years because I have two indoor cats that I have been getting immunized for the past twelve years.


A man my husband works with, has an older, unimmunized indoor cat that was having health issues. He took the cat to the veterinary office and in the cat's stress she bite the vet. The veterinarian went to the clinic for an exam and antibiotics. The cat did not have its rabies shot, so the cat was quarantined, and the police paid the man a visit. The costs of the clinic visit, and quarantine were mounting and I’m wondering if the shots would have been cheaper?

To add insult to injury, the man called the vet office to check on his cat while it was being held and the vet office would not give the man any information about his cat because of the HIPPA (privacy rule) laws. Apparently, the cat didn't list him on the forms.

My own cat, Baby is a character In my action thriller, Bolt Action the body count mounts, and Detective Bolt must conquer her own past, as she races to capture “The State Quarter Killer” before her sister is the next victim. Ride along as sarcastic Detective Leslie Bolt discovers you can’t change your past, but you can choose your future.

Feel free to visit me at my website!



2 comments:

Julie Eberhart Painter said...

How negligent of the cat not to have properly filled out the paperwork!

The vet wasn't very skilled to have gotten himself bitten.

I worry that our indoor cat will get outdoors and we'll have a tragedy. Our cat of 20 years, published author Kitty-kitty, had all her shots until the last two years. Much better, and safer. We are doing the same for Inkie, an All Black, I love saying that since we root for NZ sports teams in the Olympics.

January Bain said...

We have also had our three furry children to the vet for their shots up until a couple of years ago when we realized that it was beginning to stress them and they never get outside.

I'm with Julie. That's one challenged vet!