Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Dog and His House Keeping Staff Live Here



With two cats and three large dogs, a German Shepherd Dog, a Black Lab and a Husky all living in the house, some days the pet hair resembles tumbleweed blowing through the kitchen. Our kids are grown and out of the house, but you’d never know it. We still pick up, clean up, scold, run to the clinic and spend more money on these “big babies” than ourselves. But, I could think of much worse ways to spend money.
Pets enrich our lives and medical studies claim, that people with pets live longer. My pets always enthusiastically welcome me home regardless of my mood. When I lock my husband and my dog in the trunk, can you guess which one is glad to see me when I open it back up?
My writing career began as a task to get something about each of my pets in print to memorialize them for all eternity. I started with short articles for FarmLife Magazine, but when I saw my words in writing, the possibility of author encouraged me. So far, my dogs Tucker and Rocky, my sister’s dog Teddy, my cats Zues and Baby have all appeared in publication. I still have Molly, Rigs, and Mischief to go. Of course I have had three lizards over the years I’ll need to write in somewhere. Please share the names of your own pets. Detective Leslie Bolt is a smart talking, gun hording, Harley riding investigator forced to work a serial murder case with her sexy ex-lover. After a childhood of abuse suffered at the hand of her father, Leslie sleeps with a Ruger Blackhawk .357 under her pillow, has a Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker rifle in her broom closet, and a Saturday Night Special stashed in her road-hog cookie jar. The body count mounts, and Detective Bolt must conquer her own past, as she races to capture “The State Quarter Killer” before her sister is the next victim. Ride along as sarcastic Detective Leslie Bolt discovers secrets of the past, murder, deception, sexual tension, and “The State Quarter Killer”.

2 comments:

Julie Eberhart Painter said...

We do need and love our pets. Inkie is our all black, year-old combo cat. She must have been put together by a committee because her back end doesn't fit on to her front end. We think the front end is Siamese, brains but no brawn. Her back end can dash but not leap. She can walk backwards on her hind legs. The must be a story in there somewhere.

Linda Rettstatt said...

I have Binky, the cat. I adopted her nearly three years ago, but I can't remember what life was like without her. I rescued her, then she rescued me. We have a great working relationship.