Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Giving Your Muse a Shot!

Do you associate writing with places? I do. For some reason, I can go to Starbucks, get a grande iced coffee and pound out the words. Maybe it's because my little netbook isn't very fast at surfing the Internet and so I write instead. I also get a lot done while riding in the car. Fortunately my husband is good to let me work though I do my share of driving.

This weekend several writer friends gathered at a cabin to write. Though I'm guilty of talking on occasion, these ladies are real task masters and keep your nose to the grindstone. We wrote, broke for meals, wrote more, and took walks. I finished revisions on a manuscript and wrote 3750 words on my new WIP. Yea, I'm happy! Plus, we also spent time brainstorming and they gave me loads of good ideas for my project. I wish we could head out again next weekend.

The pond is full due to good rains and everything is so green. I hope it stays that way. Another month and the bluebonnets will be out--the perfect time to visit!

 

Here are a few pictures. They tell a story on their own. Lots of places to walk and dream and when the riders are out, plenty of horses to admire. On a warm day I've even taken a nap in that swing. Of course, it took me fifteen minutes to unfold from it and walk again.

How about you? Where is your favorite place to write? Where do you go to give your muse a shot?

Happy Reading and Writing!

Linda

4 comments:

January Bain said...

Hi Linda, my favorite place to write is my classroom at school in the early mornings or at lunch time when all is quiet! I still feel the energy of my wonderful students and the writing goes very well indeed.

Big Mike said...

I don't know, looks like a great fishing hole to me.

Michael Davis (Davisstories.com)
Author of the Year, (2008 and 2009)

Linda LaRoque said...

I bet you can, January. School is a creative place. Good vibes!

Linda LaRoque said...

LOL, BM, I guess there are fish in the pond but fishing involves worms! Ek!