Sunday, January 29, 2012

Onward to Valentine’s Day

I'm not cheap! Or at least that's what I tell myself as I pursue my latest hobby: treasure hunting at the local thrift stores. The truth is, I'm nosy. Seeing what others discard tells me a lot about people, and about society. How else would I find out that my whole wardrobe went out of style about a decade back? It's a sure cinch my husband isn’t going to tell me! Nor do I spend enough time hob-knobbing with the famous and fashionable to find out from them.

Jeans are t-shirts are about the only mischief I get into these days. And they're too darn comfortable to be stylish. But heck, I swapped high fashion for comfort when I stopped working in a California high rise . . . awhile ago. And I've been better satisfied with the whole universe ever since. Aching feet caused by wearing three inch heels with skinny skirts or power suits tend to make folks downright hostile. Maybe that's what’s wrong in Washington DC these days. But I suppose not; I really can’t believe all those politicians suffers from hammer toes and bunions.

So be kind to yourself. Pull on some ahhh-inspiring comfort clothes, turn off the news -- it’s too depressing, anyway -- and escape into a book of your choosing, preferably one that’ll leave you with a warm, fuzzy feeling. If we'd all do that, just think what a better place this grumpy, old world would be. At least for a little while.

And, if I may be so bold, I’d like to suggest my novella, Border Heat. Travel agent, Caroline Cody, knows that with one misstep she could plummet to the bottom of Mexico’s mile-deep Copper Canyon. Meanwhile, tour leader, Jess Hightower, swears to protect her and the whole tour group from local bad guys. But he can’t be everywhere. Or can he?

If you like danger and humor sprinkled in with your romance, then Border Heat is just the read for a cold winter eve.

Enjoy,

Ramona Butler

RamonaButler.com/

4 comments:

Julie Eberhart Painter said...

I was too tall to wear uncomfortable shoes. Must be why I'm so easy going. Not!

Erika said...

I needed that smile after I spent long hours critiquing a fellow writer's manuscript. Be comfy & write your brains out!
Suzanne/Erika (the skanky twin!)
ErikaHeiss.com

Ramona Butler said...

Julie -- I wore a triple A with a five A heel -- so most every shoe was uncomfortable. lol

Ramona Butler said...

Thanks, Erika. I hope to be writing -- soon.