Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Thankful Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is a couple of days away here in the US. Every year I tried to take a look at my life and the things I'm thankful for. There are times I get far too involved in trivial matters and forget the important things. Family is the one thing that truly matters to me. There are times when that's hard to remember. The kids argue. Hubby gets lost in a television show. In the quiet moments, that's when I remember how much I love them.

Many of us even take the bare essentials for granted. There are some who have no bed tonight, no food, no home.

Try to remember what's really important the next time you are stuck in a traffic jam, or dealing with an annoying automated phone line, or longing for that career path that hasn't been working out. The little troubles in life don't really matter. There are times when it's just silliness keeping us from seeing the blessings.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.

--
Jennifer
aka jlmccale.com and JenniferCloud.com

2 comments:

Jude Johnson said...

A lovely blog, Jennifer. Thank you.
One of the best exercises for a writer is to keep a gratitude journal: simply list five things you are grateful for each day. Soon you'll find yourself looking at all the positives first instead of having to hunt for them.

This is my favorite holiday because it's a time when it's just my family here - no one to impress or expectations to live up to. And
I've learned to be thankful for struggle for it teaches the value of perseverance.

Happy Thanksgiving.
~Jude
www.scorchedhawkpress.com

Big Mike said...

Ever since my cancer this last year, I've got no problem recognizing how thankful I am just to have a second chance at life.

Michael Davis (Davisstories.com)
Author of the Year, (2008 and 2009)