Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaNo and Election Day

The only thing one has to do with the other is they both come in November. I'm just grasping at straws for a topic to blog about. I had hoped that by signing in some profoundly interesting topic would immediately pop into my head and it would be all aces.

That didn't happen.

I could try a joke: What do RWA conventions and Political rallies have in common? Both contain large groups of people who lie for a living...

Today is not only Election Day it's also day 2 of the NaNo. Yesterday I sat down with my file wide open planning to write a certain novel. I stared at the file and just couldn't get the juices moving.

So I shut it down opened up a brand new file with a story that came from no where and I wrote 3470! Today I have yet to open the file but hope that as soon as my outside life chores are done I can jump back into the world.

I was so deeply immersed in the story yesterday I felt like I was living in the world I created. I felt the fear, the unease, of being a target, I felt the villain's pain as he wrestled with the headache, I felt his panic when he woke to discover blood covering his hands and clothes, I struggled beside him as he came to the realization that all that blood wasn't his. I hope today to get just as swept into it. I'd LOVE to win NaNo this year. What do I win? The knowledge that I DID have it in me to write a 50k word in 30 days! That is an accomplishment that can never be taken away from me.

Well, it's time for this Momma Grizzly to change her clothes and head to the polls. God Bless Us All.

Huggles
Donica

1 comments:

Becka said...

I'm so happy today is election day. It means the unwanted political calls and solicitors on my doorstep stops today.

A WORTHY CAUSE FOR CELEBRATION! \O/

lol

~~Becka