Saturday, October 23, 2010

Unfortunate Love Affairs and Severe Disappointment


As an author, I spend a certain amount of time researching my writing projects. I could be attempting to capture the essence of a specific place or I may need to know the mechanics of crime investigation. One of the fascinating topics I researched was dream interpretation. In a nightmare blood can symbolize unfortunate love affairs and severe disappointment, and for Halloween I would like to share the meaning of dreaming about some of the creepy crawly creatures that might invade your sleep. Read the following dream excerpts and then I will dissect them for you:

The man’s big, meaty paw snatched the little boy out of the line up and shoved him to the dirty floor. The bat stretched its wings, but continued to cling to the man’s shoulder. The overbearing man never noticed the blood that trickled through his shirt, drawn by the bat’s claws. He kicked the young boy in the stomach with the toe of his cowboy boot. Instantly, the boot transformed into a snake. It recoiled, drew back, and struck the cringing child. The beer-bellied man waved his tattooed arm and without making a sound the younger children morphed into rats, and scurried out of the room.

Bat: symbolizes quarrels and hosts of evil
Snake: treachery
Blood: essence and life energy, unfortunate love affairs, a severe disappointment
Rats: foretell of serious trouble to come

***

The bedspread transformed into a mass of enormous fleas scurrying beneath me. I could feel their compressed bodies against my flesh.

Fleas: sickness, or needing to deal with old troubles

***

The overwhelming smell of rotting flesh permeated my nostrils, and then I noticed the decaying, maggot-infested, head of an owl roll off the serving tray onto the floor.

Owl: deceitful person

***
I hope that your dreams are sweet or sexy instead of frightening. Either way, interpretation of dreams can be fascinating. Feel free to check out the link to dream interpretation on my website www.victoriaroder.com

Victoria Roder is the author of Action Thriller, BOLT ACTION from Champagne Books. The body count mounts and Detective Leslie Bolt must conquer her own past, as she races to capture the “State Quarter Killer” before her sister is the next victim. Secrets of the past, murder, deception, and sexual tension; BOLT ACTION offer it all! http://champagnebooks.com:80/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=27_49

The Dream sequences used are from the paranormal romance, The Dream House Visions and Nightmares by Victoria Roder.




2 comments:

Big Mike said...

Wow, interesting topic. Course all my dreams, even as an old dude, are of beautiful curves and soft skin. Oh, guess that's makes me a dirty old dude.

Michael Davis (Davisstories.com)
Author of the Year, (2008 and 2009)

Rosemary Gemmell said...

That was so interesting, Victoria. Don't think any of those have figured in my dreams... yet!