Sunday, October 31, 2010

NaNoWriMo!


Yay for National Novel Writing Month! (a.k.a. NaNoWriMo!)



Starting November 1st, people who register with NaNoWriMo are in for some fun. Wrimos have until November 30th to write a 50,000 word novel. But there's a catch; there is no editing! It's about quantity, not quality! (from what I understood, you can start editing in December) It's all about whipping out an original story from scratch and reaching the word count on time and guess what! I'll be doing it my first time this year. I'm elated...and nervous. Nervous because in this last month, life has gotten the best of me.

1.I have had little time to write as my 2 and 4 yr old was sick.
2. Our hardwood flooring business just knocked me dead with paperwork.
3. My first book, Zirconya: The Sage of Aluh'Nehn is now in the process of edits so I'll have to work on that when I get 'em.
4. My WIP, The Dragon Cager has less than 10 pages before I'm finished with it,

THEN,

5. The exclusive I'm writing for Wattpad.com, Nahtaia: A Faery's Tale, is needing a new chapter every week! WHOO! Am I done yet? Uh, no! I have to be a mom and wife before a writer and now that my parents are leaving town after visiting me this last week, I have to:

1. Get the guest room back in order,
2. Cook
3. Clean
4. Feed and dress and spend time with the children and hubby
5. Take my 4 year old to her gymnastics and swim classes which she just started and *phew*

6. Milk the cows. Ok, not really the cow part but thought I'd see who's paying attention to my rambling. Lemme' get back on track.

Okay, NaNoWriMo. If you want to register and receive your own kicks in the butt, go here: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node
And find me under DianaIlinca so we can be writing buddies :D

-Diana

1 comments:

Julie Eberhart Painter said...

I found your comments very enlightening because my daughter is gay, and I think she would feel the same way. It hadn't occurred to me becuse I have two, or three gay minor characters in my upcoming release from Champagne. I was able to translate the ballet to the same sex love.

Years ago I read and then saw the movie of the play The Killing of Sister George. It was an X rating, but sensitively done. It prepared me for what came 25 years later with gay pride days and Dykes on Bikes, my daughter's favorite march in San Francisco.

Good luck with your new "voice."

Julie