Tuesday, July 20, 2010

When the Words Won't Come

I'm sure we've all experience writer's block, that time when the words won't come and we sit at the computer fiddling with the keys or tapping a pencil on a note pad. This issue has been a real problem for me lately. Looking back to the times I was most prolific, I realize a change of scenery was the key to spuring my muse. Now I carry a notepad and when I have to wait at the doctor's office, or anywhere else, I write. When I get home, I transfer my notes to my manuscript. 

While on vacation, sitting in the back seat of the car, watching the scenery from the windows, I rapidly filled the pages of my tablet. I think the next time the words won't come, I'll have my husband take me for a drive. He can groove on the scenery and I can write.

What about you? What spurs your muse? 

Thanks for reading and writing!

Linda

3 comments:

Victoria Roder said...

Hi Linda,
I agree with taking a ride to free the mind. Mine is on the back of a motorcycle. Nothing like the wind blowing your cares & writer's block away.

Linda LaRoque said...

I bet that would clear your mind, Victoria. It sounds refreshing.

Ashley Barnard said...

Music is my best muse, especially something cinematic. I love getting "previews" in my head that I can later adapt on the page.