Thursday, May 6, 2010

Re-inventing myself

Amazing what a short break will do for your publishing career. Baffled yet? Well, it's true. I've sorta taken a break of sorts from promotion with the exception of a few things. I didn't plan it that way; it just happened.

I took on another job 2 1/2 years ago and was managing teaching full time, writing and art director quite well until the magazine continued to grow and along with it my responsibilities. I'd quit but I love it too much. We started at 40 pages. Our last issue was 64 pages. We expect to be at 70 pages this summer. And me? I layout the entire magazine and do some of the graphic pages.

With so much going on this fall, I just fell out of the habit of chatting, blogging, etc. I did do several booksignings and sci-fi conventions, and I kept up with the Magic Maven newsletter, but folks, that's really not enough to keep your name fresh and in front of your reading public.

So, I suppose this is my summer resolution. Once I return from Scandinavia, I plan to get back into the groove. New movie - How Ciara Found her Groove. Ha ha. I may need help, but I know I can do it. Why? For one, I have a new book coming out in December, and I want to be sure and let readers know well in advance. It's my baby, you see.

I know, every book is our baby, but this is "the" one, the one closest to my heart, even more special than Celestial Dragon. Moonlight Magick is a Victorian fantasy romance complete with mysterious wizard, elves, gnomes and even trolls. I can't wait to share it with all of you.

0 comments: