Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Ciara Gold

Ciara GoldI like to think of myself as a well-rounded person as I have many interests aside from writing romance. My education consists of a BFA from SFA in Texas, but along the way, I have attended classes or workshops in at least 8 different university settings. My current daytime job is art teacher to high schoolers. It keeps me on my toes. Aside from that, I love to dance, sail, read, draw, paint, work jigsaw puzzles and play 42. In addition to all these wonderful activities, I'm also an editor for a local community magazine. Can we say busy?


I write both historical westerns and sci-fi futuristic romance for Champagne Books. Last year, I won the distinction of being the top seller for Champagne with Celestial Dragon riding the number one spot for selling the most individual copies. This year, my claim to fame is an Eppie finalist nomination for A Noble Sacrifice. I couldn't be more thrilled. Other books I've written include 2007 Capa nominated, Sarah's Brass Token, Julia's Golden Eagle, and Eliza's Copper Penny. Click on the title to read first chapters. Kaitlin's Silver Lining will be available in February '08. I'm currently finishing work on one of the books in a series involving the orphan train. Once Jilted will be released June '08, but in the meantime, you can keep abreast of activity there by visiting the Orphan Train Blog.A Noble Sacrifice

0 comments: